PLANNING AND INFORMATION UNIT
The Unit is headed by the Principal Planner who is assisted by one (1) Senior Planner, two (2) Planners, 1 Senior Systems Analyst, and one (1) Librarian. The following are the functions of the unit:
- Coordinating the Preparation of Policy, Strategic Plans, and Budget documents.
- Establishing and maintaining a management information system in order to facilitate access to information and enhance informed decision making
- Planning and coordinating the Foreign Policy in order to ensure effective implementation of the Ministry’s mandate
- Coordinating the Preparation of Policy statements through the media
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of Ministerial Annual Reports and responses to Parliamentary queries.
- Timely preparation and submission of Cabinet Memoranda