The Unit of Development Cooperation has the following functions:
- Coordinating the effective analysis of development activities in order to promote and enhance Zambia’s bilateral relations;
- Coordinating research and preparation of economic reports in order to provide information for decision making by Government;
- Coordinating the preparation and participation of Zambian Officials at international fora and Joint Permanent Commissions in order to enhance bilateral cooperation;
- Coordinating timely the preparation of official documentation i.e. Briefs, Statements, Speeches in order to guide government in line with Zambia’s Foreign Policy;
- Undertaking research and analysis of economic trends and developments;
- Timely analysis of Reports from Zambian Missions abroad so as to appraise Government on novel economic trends and developments; and
- Coordinating timely preparation of reports on bilateral cooperating partners in order to appraise Government on recent developments.